What should I pack for a cruise to New Zealand?
Clothes to Pack:
- Long Pants.
- Formal Attire.
- Swimmers/Bathing Suits.
- Sun Hat.
What do you wear in New Zealand in winter?
- Snow gear. If you plan to go hiking, snowboarding or skiing, cross-country skiing, dog-sledding, snow-shoeing or any other kind of outdoor activities, you’re definitely going to need some snow gear. …
- Thermals. …
- Beanies. …
- Coat. …
- Jeans. …
- Warm socks. …
- Layers. …
What should I pack for 10 days in New Zealand?
What to Pack for New Zealand: North Island
- 5-7 Pairs underwear.
- 2-3 Tank tops or t-shirts.
- 1-2 Long sleeve shirts (guys, make one a collared button up, ladies, make one a nice blouse)
- 3 Pair pants or skirts.
- 5 Pairs of socks.
- 1 Rain jacket.
- 1 Pair solid hiking sandals or walking shoes.
What is the best month to cruise New Zealand?
Best time to visit New Zealand, weather-wise: December through to March is the best time to visit New Zealand for a cruise, as they are the warmer months.
What is the traditional clothing in New Zealand?
New Zealand does not have a specific national dress. Customary Māori clothing is the only form of dress that is distinctive to New Zealand. Kahu (cloaks) give significant mana and honour to official occasions, such as royal tours and state funerals.
Is a cruise a good way to see New Zealand?
If you’re dying to see New Zealand and get a taste of Australia, a cruise is a great way to do it, but if you’ve never been on a two-week cruise before, it might seem too long if you’re used to 7-night sailings.
How do you dress like a New Zealander?
- 1 pair of jeans.
- 1 pair of long, comfortable hiking and lounging trousers.
- A nice sweater that can keep you warm.
- Thermal underwear + socks.
- A rain and windproof jacket. …
- A denim jacket or something similar that will give you warmth and will look nice in the cities.
- Warm scarf.
What is New Zealand like in winter?
While New Zealand’s winter months do bring cooler weather and rain to parts of the country, many locations only experience a mild winter. In the North Island, average temperatures range from 10-16 degrees Celsius (°C). … Frosts and heavy snowfall are common, with temperatures ranging from 7-12°C in most places.
Do I need hiking boots for New Zealand?
Hiking boots are generally more durable, whilst providing the most ankle protection on rough, rocky trails. If you’re one to hike on more uneven terrain with slips, roots and large rocks, then it is a good idea to opt for a boot.
What is the best thing to buy in New Zealand?
17 New Zealand souvenirs your friends back home will love!
- All Blacks Jersey. The ultimate New Zealand gift if there ever was one. …
- Buzzy Bee. …
- Funny New Zealand T-shirt. …
- Kiwi soft toy. …
- Lord of the Rings memorabilia. …
- Manuka honey. …
- Maori art. …
- Merino wool jumper.
What is the average temperature in New Zealand in February?
February Weather in Auckland New Zealand. Daily high temperatures are around 73°F, rarely falling below 69°F or exceeding 78°F. The highest daily average high temperature is 74°F on February 8. Daily low temperatures are around 62°F, rarely falling below 57°F or exceeding 68°F.
What can you not take into New Zealand?
Risky items include:
- fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, poultry, honey, ingredients used in cooking, and all dairy products.
- alive or dead plants and seeds.
- wooden items.
- alive or dead animals.
- alive or dead animal products.
- traditional/herbal medicines.
- any shoes, sports or outdoor equipment you’ve used.
Is February a good time to cruise New Zealand?
Best Time For New Zealand Cruises
New Zealand is best enjoyed during the peak summer months of December, January and February, although the cruise season officially kicks off in early October, with most of the major activity winding down toward the end of April.
What is the best time to cruise Australia and New Zealand?
When is the Best Time to Cruise?
|Australia & New Zealand||November to mid-March, except for holidays|
|Bermuda||March, April, and November|
|Canada & New England||June through early September, as well as late October advertisement|
|Caribbean||January, May, and September|
What is the best time to cruise Australia?
Best Time for Australia Cruises
Australia is a year-round cruise destination, although the so-called “Wave Season” (October to April) is when Aussies go particularly cruise-crazy, and you’ll find the greatest choice of departures, vessels and itineraries.